Long gone are the days when Men were the only takers in the Franchise Industry. Over the past decade, statistics indicate that more and more women are joining in the Franchise arena with a multitude of success stories to back up the research.
According to the 2013 State of Women-Owned Businesses Report (commissioned by American Express OPEN):
• More than 8.6 million women-owned businesses generate over $1.3 trillion in revenues and employ nearly 7.8 million people in the United States.
• Between 1997 and 2013 the number of businesses in the United States increased by 41 percent whiles the number of women-owned businesses. increased by 59 percent, 1.5 times the national average
• Women-owned businesses exceed overall sector growth in eight of the 13 most populous industries.
• Women-owned businesses are highly concentrated in: health care and social assistance, educational services, other services, and administrative support and waste management services.
Women Business Owners determine that the top three traits a woman needs to successfully run her own business are: a passion for the business idea; the willingness to fail before she succeeds and a long-term vision for the business. The top priority in their business is generating new business, keeping a positive cash flow and maintaining their current customer’s long term.
While Women Business Organization (WBO) is one of the top organizations supporting women in business; you really have to go no further than our own Cruise Planners American Express Women Business Owners, Michelle Fee CEO and Co-Founder, and Vicky Garcia, COO, to witness the success of women business owners.
“People who have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for travel make successful Cruise Planners franchisees,” said Vicky Garcia, COO and co-owner of Cruise Planners–American Express Travel. “Our franchisees are set up for success from day one with our award-winning marketing initiatives, cutting-edge training and technology, and talented Home Office team with a proven track record of excellence.”
Early on in the game, these women developed the well-known brand Cruise Planners American Express and benefitted from partnering with the designated Blue Mega Travel Platform.
In April, 2014 CP was designated as the largest home-based travel franchise network in the industry, and was awarded the 19th spot on the Entrepreneur’s Annual Franchise 500 list. If there are women out there contemplating owning a franchise but hesitant about taking on the challenge, look at what the CEO has accomplished over the years and be confident to follow in her footsteps and personal training at Cruise Planners American Express.
Tagged as a Marketing Genius, take a look at the background of this Woman Business Owner…
• Cruise Lines International Association, Inc.® (CLIA) Hall of Fame
• "Top 25 Most Extraordinary Minds" in sales and marketing by the Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (HSMAI)
• Stevie Awards Top Women in Business finalist in the "Best Entrepreneur"
• "Top 25 Most Influential Business Women" by the South Florida Business Journal
• Travel Agent magazine's most "Powerful Women in Travel"
• "Travel Agent of the Year" by Travel Trade magazine
Fee doesn't think outside of the box. Fee thinks beyond the box. Her creative thinking has her serving on the following advisory boards:
• American Express Travel
• Royal Caribbean International
• Norwegian Cruise Line
• Celebrity Cruises
• Cruise Lines International Association, Inc.® (CLIA)
• Carnival Cruise Lines
Need we say more, ladies? Call Cruise Planners American Express today and let them assist you in doing a business plan…YOUR business plan.