As we celebrate the magnificent life of Queen Elizabeth II, it seemed fitting to showcase our next CP Travel Ambassador Dianna Miller's trip to Scotland and England. With so many wonderful sights to see, it is a destination beloved the world over.
What specific cities and /or countries did you visit? England & Scotland
What was your favorite memory from this trip? Wandering through the streets of York, exploring the markets and old buildings.
Top excursions and landmarks/sites to visit:
- Make sure to go up in the Tower Bridge - 204 steps but the view is great.
- The Battle of Britain museum near Dover is a hidden gem for historians and WWII buffs.
- Isle of Skye is a must.
- Take a York tour with a Blue Badge guide
- Visit Lacock and Castle Combe with a Tours by Locals guide (Adge is awesome)
- Walk the Royal Mile in Edinburgh
- Take a Beatles tour in Liverpool
- Walk the Medieval walls in Chester - Make sure to see the old clock
- Visit the Roman Baths
Were there any standout restaurants or foodie must-haves on this trip? The Sign of the Angel in Lacock is outstanding
What is something people would be surprised to learn about this destination? Many locations have gone cashless. Be prepared to pay using your credit card.
Top 5 Tips and recommendations for this trip:
- Don't overpack
- Bring layers, especially for Scotland
- Be flexible - we had a rail strike and had to change plans on the go
- If you are going to be in London for a few days, buy an Oyster card before you go so you can ride the underground
What makes this destination a must-see in your opinion? The history of England and Scotland is amazing. Travelers will love the Castles and old buildings in England and Scotland as well as the natural beauty of Scotland's great outdoors.
Did you travel via cruise ship? If so, please describe the experience and some of the standout features that you ere excited about. This was a rail vacation. We traveled with a Eurail pass and it was excellent and easy to use as we could change trains right at the station. You don't need internet to make it work. We traveled first class so it wasn't too crowded and it was a lot of fun to see the scenery we passed through.
To become a CP Travel Ambassador and travel toEngland and Scotland and see the castles for yourself, contact our Franchise Development manager today!